Wednesday, March 25, 2009

okc

Seven and a half years now
since everything changed
before I understood
what I already had.

The Atlantic
still a stranger to me,
how could I
understand?

The burning wreckage,
abstract and sterile
it's full terror
for me only living
in a child's imagination.

Eight and a half years now
since hopes vanished
where there's something I can have
that I will never want.

West of the Jordan
always alien to me
the estranged family
where I am loved
but not wanted.

Young men and women
marching over endless sand
burning coastlands
an industrial waste
still beautiful in my heart.

Fourteen years now
since the plains
caught aflame,
roots of my family
charred by the lightning
our ears deafened
by the thunder.

No face of evil
to remember
but one of our own.

And still
no zealot from abroad
can frighten me
like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment