Wednesday, April 1, 2009

heights

Taking off from the capital,
The orphaned metropolis,
Slowly falling further
Under the wings,
Pressure rises
And heats the air to a boil.

The fading city outlined,
Colored and caged
Over the Potomac
By an early morning fog,
Dimly glowing,
Almost
Too faint to see.

Altitude dulls my senses
And I see you here,
And tell you what I'll be doing,
That soon I'll break that
First touch,
Leave no question of interest
In doubt,
End that deficit
Tonight,
Tell you how long
It's been,
And longer
Every hour,
And how long
It could last,
That soon we'll tell
Your brother,
Leave no question of doubt,
Uninteresting,
Having it
And eating it too.

The plane ends taxi
And desert warmth dials me down
To where there are no dark clouds,
But you'll be
None the wiser.

1 comment: